MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Workbench

Error when exporting database
Posted by: Henri Hunnev
Date: February 15, 2017 09:18AM

Hi I started studing MySQL in this week so I installed newest version of MySQL CLient for Windows . I'm getting to the point where I try to export database. I want to export my database and it' keeps warning me:

"mysqldump Version Mismatch

mysqldump.exe is version 5.7.12, but the MySQL Server to be dumped has version 5.7.17.
Because the version of mysqldump is older than the server, some features may not be backed up properly.
It is recommended you upgrade your local MySQL client programs, including mysqldump to a version equal to or newer than that of the target server.
The path of the dump tool must then be set in Preferences -> Administrator -> PAth to mysqldump tool:"

I searched different solution from this and other forums.

I set my path to mysql tool folder to: C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.7\bin\mysqldump.exe. And restarted my WorkBench. But that didn't help me either.

I checked with installer if there is some updates available but it looks like I have newest version. So there isn't.

Any sugsestions folks?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Error when exporting database
February 15, 2017 09:18AM
February 15, 2017 10:12AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.