MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Workbench

Re: Visual C++ Redistributable 2015 Error 0x80070666
Posted by: andrew bernat
Date: April 20, 2017 11:15PM

I was also receiving a similar error when trying to install MySql Workbench. I took a very lazy approach to solving it. Here were my steps.

Step 1 - Turn on logging
Run: msiexec /lv log.msi.txt /i <package.msi>

where <package.msi> is the name of the installer package for MySql Workbench.

Step 2 - Look at logs
When I looked at the log files I found the following suspicious data:

MSI (s) (50:E8) [21:37:55:584]: Skipping action: SetWIX_IS_NETFRAMEWORK_452_OR_LATER_INSTALLED (condition is false)
MSI (s) (50:E8) [21:37:55:584]: Doing action: LaunchConditions
Action start 21:37:55: LaunchConditions.
DEBUG: Error 2835: The control ErrorIcon was not found on dialog SetupErrorDialog
Internal Error 2835. ErrorIcon, SetupErrorDialog
MSI (s) (50:E8) [21:37:57:607]: Product: MySQL Workbench 6.3 CE -- MySQL Workbench requires the Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable Package to be installed. Click the Download-Button on the next page to open a web page containing further instructions.

Step 3 - Download instaedit msi editor [http://www.instedit.com/]

Step 4 - Think?
It is weird that SetWIX_IS_NETFRAMEWORK_452_OR_LATER_INSTALLED is "false"
But it is also weird that the error message is about VC++ redistributable.
Rather than troubleshoot more than I wanted to. I used instaedit to edit the "LaunchConditions" table and "Deleted Rows" for both rows that check the VC++ redistributable condition and the .net framework condition. One/Both of them might be causing the issue. Save the msi and exit insta edit.

Step 5 - Install
Since I know I have VC++ 2015 redistributable and .net 4.5.2+; I felt comfortable to remove these launch conditions.
I was able to install MySql Workbench. I haven't run into an error yet.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.