MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Workbench

Exported database contains no tables, no data
Posted by: Lauren Cooper
Date: May 03, 2017 12:47PM

Hello, I've been searching high and low for an answer. I fret it may because I'm using "elderly" software and OS -- Workbench 6.1 on a Mac 10.6.8.

I created a database with 6 tables and 10 views for a class project. Following instructions from several videos, I have tried to export my DB, but when I re-import to verify all data is in tact, there are 0 tables and 0 views. When I open the newly saved .sql file in Text Editor I can see all the data and table formations -- but it opens empty in Workbench. Similarly, when I reverse-engineered this DB for my ERD, the data tables were blank.

I created a screencast of my process: http://bit.ly/2qzfv4z

I made sure that:
-- I selected all the tables. (For reverse psychology, I did a test of not selecting any tables to no avail.)
-- That "skip table data" is UNCHECKMARKED, meaning don't skip the data

Questions:
1) Am I missing something in the process, maybe a preference setting?
2) Is this an issue of using old software and OS?
3) Is there a workaround to get the DB exported, or the data retrievable by another Workbench user? It's my final project so I need the file and data to be complete.

Thanks for any insights and advice.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Exported database contains no tables, no data
May 03, 2017 12:47PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.