MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Workbench

How to force an import/query to run without complaining?
Posted by: Jesse Tandor
Date: October 31, 2017 08:06AM

Hi guys, im new - just signed up after looking online for a few hours regarding this issue. So I'm coming from Sequel pro and there is an option when running CREATE/ALTER/INSERT queries to simply RUN ALL - which I assume is just a forced method.

I'm trying to do the same thing in Workbench - except there is no option in the GUI to force an update and if for example im creating a table that already exists - I will simply receive; Error 1050 'table xxx already exists'. Naturally - nothing is updated - especially if i had new data in my query.

My assumption here is that - if the import/query was forced - I would not receive this error and it would simply overwrite whatever was in that table.

How can I automate this process in Workbench without resorting to the command line? My company runs a lot of insert/Create queries on a daily basis and we simply need a way to overwrite everything without it complaining.

Thanks - any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
How to force an import/query to run without complaining?
October 31, 2017 08:06AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.