MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Workbench

Compare and Report Differences view differences not showing corretcly
Posted by: Pete Kiefert
Date: November 08, 2017 03:37PM

Hi,

I am trying out the "Compare and Report Differences in Catalogs" feature of MySQL Workbench (6.3).

I was excited to find out that you can compare a script against a live database. This tool is the only one I found that can do that.

So, I did the following:
- Reverse Engineered Database selecting a single database that has 4 tables and 4 views .
- File/export/Forward Engineer SQL CREATE Script to save as model.sql.
- Updated the model.sql added a column to a table1, renamed a column in view1 and removed view2.
- then ran Database/Compare Schemas with source being the modified model.sql and target being Live Database Server (same one that model and script created from above.
- The difference report comes back correctly identifying the table1 column addition but reports that all views have been dropped.

I can successfully compare two Script Files but get the same result anytime to compare anything to a live database as a target.

Has anyone else experienced the same issue? I am hoping I am just missing a an option during the compare.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions.
Pete

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Compare and Report Differences view differences not showing corretcly
November 08, 2017 03:37PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.