MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Workbench

Workbench crashing
Posted by: B Walker
Date: December 17, 2017 04:27PM

I tried to open MySQL Workbench (6.3.9) today, but it would not open. The tray icon throbbed for a few seconds then stopped. No error dialogs were displayed, no event errors that I could find.

I decided to try to reinstall, but ended up upgrading to Workbench 6.3.10, and other components including the server to 5.7.20. Upgrade of ALL components including Workbench were completed without error.
- There was no indication that I needed to reboot.
I tried to start Workbench, but, similar to before upgrade, it would not start. No error dialogs displayed. It just failed silently, so I rebooted my machine.
I tried to start workbench again and this time, the application window opened, but before the splash screen displayed an error dialog appeared: Error while loading image -- An error occured while loading image search_sidebar.png.
I closed the error dialog and the application start page appeared as it should (I couldn't tell if any search image was missing).
I tried to open one of my connections and was prompted for a password (correctly), then after entering the correct password, I received the "MySQL Workbench Unexpected Error" dialog. No debug information was provided in this dialog. After closing this dialog, none of my connections will initialize (no password prompt, no error). Same error when I click on Migration or Designer tools.
I found some workbench related errors in the event log. They're all unhandled exceptions. I have screenshots, but I don't see a way to attach them.
The application is dead at this point.
I verified I can connect and import to the server via commandline and other tools, so this issue seems to be speciific to Workbench.

I may try to do a complete reinstall, but at the moment I have other tools I can use.

I searched for similar bugs, but honestly there was so little feedback about the failure, it's hard to know if this issue was reported or not, but it seem pretty serious. I considered reporting a bug, but I don't have the experience to do a stack trace. Should I report it any way with the above description and screenhots?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Workbench crashing
December 17, 2017 04:27PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.