MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Workbench

TCP/IP Connection Issues
Posted by: Ryan Cope
Date: December 18, 2017 06:49AM

Hey everyone,

First time poster here, so my apologies if my post is in the wrong spot.

I've been using MySQL workbench for quite a while to view an AWS database that powers a few online services for my company. Recently, we decided that we wanted to replicate the database in MariaDB, so we could consume elsewhere.

We set up a nightly update, and the data works great. For some reason, I've run into connection issues recently, and I can't seem to shake them.

1) The database connected fine for a few weeks without error, I was able to query large data sets & work with it seamlessly
2) A few days ago, the connection became intermittent (would work for 30 mins or so in the morning, then I'd get an error when trying to connect):
"Can't connect to MySQL server on 'xx.x.x.xx' (10061)'.

I'm trying to connect from a laptop (different machine), and nothing has changed. I've got a username, password, and port (3306) that are all correct, and have full permissions.

I've tried reinstalling everything, firewall permissions (to allow connections in & out on that port), and I've had no luck. I've probably read 300 + forum posts and troubleshooted using 50+ different solutions to fix this, but I'm spinning my wheels at this point.

Has anyone else had this issue? If so, what was your solution? I'd love to hear if anyone here has any pointers.

Thanks all,
Ryan

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
TCP/IP Connection Issues
December 18, 2017 06:49AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.