MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Workbench

How to copy/move a table between two schemas in the same model in Mysql workbench?
Posted by: Hans Deragon
Date: March 09, 2018 02:10AM

I created a model by reverse engineering an existing schema named 'test2' and it worked well, I then created a table, but while running 'Synchronize Model', i noticed that the new table I created in the model has been assigned to the schema 'mydb', not 'test2' as I intended.

I cannot find any means to reassign the table to 'test2'. Drag and drop does not work. There is no copy/paste feature. No configuration field within the table to specify the schema it is part of. Feature missing? Should I open an issue or am I missing something?

And going forward, how does one intruct MySQL Workbench to assign any newly created object to the 'test2' schema?

I attempted to edit the model file directly but alas, it is a binary format.

I am using mysql-workbench 6.3.10 (latest, as of this writing) on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS Xenial Xerus (up to date).

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
How to copy/move a table between two schemas in the same model in Mysql workbench?
March 09, 2018 02:10AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.