MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Workbench

Re: How to copy/move a table between two schemas in the same model in Mysql workbench?
Posted by: Hans Deragon
Date: March 09, 2018 08:56AM

Found a solution. Not great, but it works. In my previous email, all my attempts to move the table from one schema to another was done in the 'EER Diagram' tab. I then looked in the 'MySQL Model' tab and was able with the mouse to copy and paste the table between the two physical schemas. Oddly, despite having copied the table, it did not show up in the 'EER Diagram'. I had to paste it again, from the 'MySQL Model' to the 'EER Diagram' to have it show up in my diagram. I expected that it should have been added automatically, i.e. MySQL Workbench should keep 'MySQL Model' and 'EER Diagram' synchronized, but obviously this is not the case. Another bug or is this intended? If it is intended, what is the rational behind this non obvious behavior?

Still, regarding the original problem, I believe that one should be able to move an object from one schema to another from within the 'EER Diagram' tab. Is a bug report warrant here?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Re: How to copy/move a table between two schemas in the same model in Mysql workbench?
March 09, 2018 08:56AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.