MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Workbench

MySQL Workbench failing on TCP/IP over SSH
Posted by: Sam Abboushi
Date: April 06, 2018 12:10PM

Going NUTSO - spent last 2 days trying to figure this out...

I can SSH to my provider (bluehost.com) and access my MySQL databases with "mysql" commands using login credentials or using SSH public key authentication.

But connecting using Workbench using TCP/IP over SSH (latest version and tried 2 versions back) results in:

Failed to Connect to MySQL at 127.0.0.1:3306 through SSH tunnel at mygifXXXX@mygiftisasong.com with user mygifXXXXXX

Lost connection to MySQL server at 'reading initial communication packet', system error: 0

The Workbench log:
12:57:51 [INF][ SSH tunnel]: Opening SSH tunnel to mygiftisasong.com
12:57:52 [INF][ SSH tunnel]: TunnelManager.wait_connection returned OK
12:57:52 [INF][ SSH tunnel]: SSH tunnel connect executed OK
12:57:52 [ERR][sshtunnel.py:notify_exception_error:235]: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Workbench 6.3 CE\sshtunnel.py", line 350, in accept_client
sshchan = transport.open_channel('direct-tcpip', self._target, local_sock.getpeername())
File "C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Workbench 6.3 CE\modules\wb_admin_ssh.py", line 165, in wba_open_channel
raise e
ChannelException: (1, 'Administratively prohibited')

I even tried ssh remote port forwarding from the server to my local machine per https://stackoverflow.com/questions/29462656/yet-another-lost-connection-to-mysql-server-at-reading-initial-communication-p but get the same error and using the locally mapped port in Workbench but still can't get past:

Failed to Connect to MySQL at localhost:54321 with user mygiXXX

Lost connection to MySQL server at 'reading initial communication packet', system error: 0

What could Workbench be doing that is "Administratively Prohibited" that the SSH session isn't doing?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
MySQL Workbench failing on TCP/IP over SSH
April 06, 2018 12:10PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.