MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Workbench

Re: mysqldump tool doesn't seem to work from Workbench
Posted by: Wayne Rasmussen
Date: July 16, 2018 07:39PM

Without knowning what OS you are running on and what version of MySQL you have, all I can offer is my own recent experience.
You can find the mysqldump version via 'mysqldump --version' at a command prompt (assuming its on the path), if its version 8 (in my case 8.0.11 on Ubuntu 16.04.4 LTS desktop) then that will most likely be your problem (unless you installed the MySQL WorkBench Version 8 release candidate).While most functions of Workbench 6.3.x appear to work as expected with MySQL 8 client installed, WorkBench Server Export does not. One of the first things it does (Export wise) is effectively run 'mysqldump --version' and attempt to parse the output to get the versioning information. If that fails - well you know the answer to that.
I have done a hack and got past that point only to come up against another area in need of 'hackary' and yet to address (nor likely any time soon).
If the above resonates with your environment you could use the mysqldump command itself to accomplish what you want (since Workbench is doing that under the covers for you - well at least when the versions align).

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Re: mysqldump tool doesn't seem to work from Workbench
July 16, 2018 07:39PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.