MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Workbench

Re: mysqldump tool doesn't seem to work from Workbench
Posted by: Wayne Rasmussen
Date: July 17, 2018 10:31PM

I apologies for my scotoma. MySQL Workbench 6.3.6 Build 511 (Ubuntu) uses mysqlpump (not mysqldump) as I 'saw' when I tried to go the next step viz. actually get Workbench 6.3 to do an Export with MySQL 8 Utilities.
FYI hack 1 was to change regex in wb_admin_export.py to recognize new versioning string (as well as old).
So hack 2 that allowed it to do something useful was to 'mv mysqlpump mysqlpump_x' and then 'cp mysqldump mysqlpump' (needs privilege and mine were in '/usr/bin').
It appears some of the mysqlpump variables that were in mysqlpump verion 5.x version are no longer in mysqlpump 8.x but are in mysqldump 8.x case in point order_by_primary (you can compare via 'mysqldump --help' vs 'mysqlpump --help'.
As to overall consequences of making the above changes, I am not sufficiently au fait with Workbench to hazard a guess - just (myopic|reckless) enough to have done it.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Re: mysqldump tool doesn't seem to work from Workbench
July 17, 2018 10:31PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.