MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Workbench

MySQL Workbench 8.0.11rc SSL connection error: error:00000001:lib(0):func(0):reason(1)
Posted by: Oliver Chattlesworth
Date: July 13, 2018 09:11AM

Good Morning Everyone!

I'm trying to connect to MySQL server 8.0.11 using MySQL Workbench 8.0.11rc but I get the obscure error message:

SSL connection error:
error:00000001:lib(0):func(0):reason(1)

MySQL server is setup to require secure transport using caching_sha2_password. In my create user statement I'm using REQUIRE ISSUER '/CN=CACOMMONNAME' AND SUBJECT '/C=COUNTRY/ST=STATE/L=LOCALITY/O=ORGANIZATION/OU=ORGANIZATIONALUNIT/CN=CLIENTCERTCOMMONNAME

The connection works if I downgrade the user to REQUIRE SSL on the server. I then delete the client certificate paths from MySQL workbench and select REQUIRE or REQUIRE AND VERIFY CA from the dropdown box. Test connection and voila! I get a valid response.

However, this isn't good enough. I'd rather have the additional security checks but I seem to be at a stand still. What do I do to get this to work using the client certs in Workbench and REQUIRE ISSUER/SUBJECT on the server? What does this message mean? There are no error messages or hints in the log files on the client or server.

The only thing I see in the log files that could indicate a possible problem are the lines:
10:09:19 [WRN][ grt]: C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Workbench 8.0 CE\modules/data/mysql_rdbms_info.xml:1391: link 'om.mysql.rdbms.mysql.driver.native_sshtun' <object > key=owner could not be resolved
10:09:19 [WRN][ grt]: C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\MySQL\Workbench\connections.xml:28: link '{261A5FC8-8C94-45E3-B003-2C575F2336B9}' <object GrtObject> key=owner could not be resolved

What does 'key=owner could not be resolved' mean?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
MySQL Workbench 8.0.11rc SSL connection error: error:00000001:lib(0):func(0):reason(1)
July 13, 2018 09:11AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.