MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Workbench

Re: MySQL Workbench 8.0.11rc SSL connection error: error:00000001:lib(0):func(0):reason(1)
Posted by: Oliver Chattlesworth
Date: August 18, 2018 07:09AM

I was able to resolve this by reissuing the client / server certificates. It seems the whole situation was in a state of disarray.

The certificate being issued to the client was marked for server authentication so I reissued a new one marked for client authentication. After entering my client certificates in workbench account setup and choosing the option "VERIFY_IDENTITY," I got a message stating that x509 was unable to verify server certificates or something along those lines. After reissuing the server cert I get "connection successful" and all is well so I'm not sure that the client cert being marked for server authentication was the issue per se.

Not sure if this has something to do with the new caching_sha2_password authentication or new security measures being implemented in MySQL or if that would be completely unrelated to this issue.

In any case, I learned that it's better to connect via SSH tunnel anyway since mostly all of the features of workbench (i.e. client connections, users and privileges, performance reports) are available that never really worked properly when connecting via TCP/IP SSL and limiting root access to localhost only.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Re: MySQL Workbench 8.0.11rc SSL connection error: error:00000001:lib(0):func(0):reason(1)
August 18, 2018 07:09AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.