MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Workbench

Re: MW doesn't show all schema's in database and I can't connect to one
Posted by: Nico Kamp
Date: August 17, 2018 03:51AM

I have put logging level on 3. Here I have some log lines from the wb.log file.

<b>Of course it seems clear "access denied for user....". But why, so as I earlier mentioned, do I have access with the same user/password to the other schema's in the database???
And again, if you only read this, with PHPMyAdmin it works, but I like to work with MySQL Workbench!</b>

[log]
11:10:36 [DB1][ mforms managed]: Get special folder
11:10:36 [DB3][ GRT task]: Sending task "execute sql queries" to dispatcher (wait)...
11:10:36 [DB2][ mforms managed]: Running the HUD window
11:10:36 [ERR][ GRTDispatcher]: exception in grt execute_task, continuing: Exception: Access denied for user '<user>'@'<ip adress>' (using password: YES)
11:10:36 [DB3][ GRTDispatcher]: Task "execute sql queries" finished
11:10:36 [ERR][ GRTDispatcher]: worker: task 'execute sql queries' has failed with error:.Access denied for user '<user>'@'<ip adress>' (using password: YES)
11:10:36 [DB2][ mforms managed]: HUD window returned with code: 3
11:10:36 [DB2][ mforms backend]: Forgetting cached password for '<user>'@'Mysql@<server dns name>:3306'
11:10:36 [DB2][ GRTDispatcher]: Main thread waiting for background thread to finish
11:10:36 [DB2][ GRTDispatcher]: Background thread finished
11:10:36 [ERR][SQL Editor Form]: SQL editor could not be connected: Access denied for user '<user>'@'<ip adress>' (using password: YES)
11:10:36 [ERR][SQL Editor Form]: Your connection attempt failed for user '<user>' from your host to server at <server dns name>:3306:
Access denied for user '<user>'@'<ip adress>' (using password: YES)

Please:
1 Check that mysql is running on server <server dns name>
2 Check that mysql is running on port 3306 (note: 3306 is the default, but this can be changed)
3 Check the <user> has rights to connect to <server dns name> from your address (mysql rights define what clients can connect to the server and from which machines)
4 Make sure you are both providing a password if needed and using the correct password for <server dns name> connecting from the host address you're connecting from
[/log]

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.