MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Workbench

MySQL Workbench only importing partial csv file
Posted by: michael yamakawa
Date: August 28, 2018 01:25PM

Hello! I have four .csv files that I am trying to upload into the Dev Sandbox on MySQLWorkbench. The first three files uploaded fully and successfully, but the last one is being finicky. I looked online and it is recommended to save excel files as MS-DOS Comma Separated as the .csv version. That is how I saved each file. Then on MySQLWorkbench, I click on the Sandbox schema and use the Table Data Import Wizard. I select the csv I want to upload, and use utf-8 as the encoding.

Background2 - 325 rows in excel file : 325 rows in MySQL table after import

Utilization - 325 rows in excel file : 325 rows in MySQL table after import

Room Description - 764 rows in excel file : 764 rows in MySQL table after import

Demo - 266 rows in excel file : 20 rows in MySQL table after import

There are three excel/csv saved files that imported correctly, but the Demographic file only imports 20 of the 266 rows. I’ve tried saving the csv file using different csv versions, I’ve tried saving it as an .sql file and importing it that way (which only gives me an error). I’ve copied the contents of the excel file and used “Paste Special” to only paste the values since I figured there might be a format issue, then saved it and tried to import that version. But no matter what I do, each new excel or csv or sql file I create has those 266 rows, but MySQL still only imports 20.

I have attached all 4 csv files to this ticket. There doesn’t seem to be anything different in the format of the 4th file that would make only 20 of the rows get imported.

Any ideas on what is going on, or how I can resolve this issue? I am asking on behalf of another user, and will try to answer any questions to the best of my ability.

Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
MySQL Workbench only importing partial csv file
August 28, 2018 01:25PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.