MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Workbench

Creating an SSL connection w/ MySQL Workbench
Posted by: Steven James
Date: September 13, 2018 06:01PM

I am a volunteer software developer working on a MySQL based content management system for a non-profit. I have been struggling for some time to establish a connection between MySQL Workbench and our AWS server.

I am able to establish a SSL terminal connection to the server with PuTTY and I am able to also do FTP with the server. I have the private and public keys for the SSL access. I have root access to the server, but the MySQL database was set up by someone else and my command line skills w/ MySQL are not so good.

I have MySQL Workbench installed on my computer, and it looks like I can set up a SSL connection between MySQL Workbench and our server, but I have not been successful in doing this in the past. (I just recently discovered these forums.)

Can I use my existing SSL keys or do I need to create new keys? I am not very knowledgeable about the security stuff, so any assistance to help me get this connection finally set up would be greatly appreciated.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Creating an SSL connection w/ MySQL Workbench
September 13, 2018 06:01PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.