MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Workbench

Re: MySql Workbench in AWS Linux WorkSpace
Posted by: Brian Norwood
Date: January 16, 2019 09:00AM

So I've figured out one way to run MySql Workbench on an AWS Workspace, but it's not a solution, just a clue to the root problem. And evidently this is not an AWS workspaces-specific issue, that is it's reproducible on a non-workspaces Amazon Linux 2 instance. If I replace the following Amazon Linux 2 /usr/lib64 shared objects with those of the same version number from CentOS (el7.x86_64.rpm packages instead of amzn2.x86_64 packages), then MySql Workbench runs successfully.

libcairomm-1.0.so.1.4.0
libgdkmm-3.0.so.1.1.0
libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so.0.3600.5
libglibmm-2.4.so.1.3.0
libgtkmm-3.0.so.1.1.0
libpcrecpp.so.0.0.0

I say this is not a solution because I'm aware that I've not used proper maintenance procedures and likely destabilized my OS. But it seems to show that there is a library issue with either MySql Workbench and/or Amazon Linux 2. I'd think if the MySql Workbench el7 package had a library dependency issue then there would be complaints that it didn't work on RHEL/CentOS, and I don't see evidence of this online (which I realize isn't conclusive proof). Which leaves, either Amazon Linux 2 has a compatibility problem for some libraries with RHEL/CentOS (on which it's supposed to be based); or it is what it is and someone needs to build an Amazon Linux 2-specific MySql Workbench package; or ...? So does anyone who knows about Linux versions and libraries (I'm not a Linux admin nor developer) have an idea as to the proper resolution? Thanks for any attempts at answers.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
December 13, 2018 08:45AM
Re: MySql Workbench in AWS Linux WorkSpace
January 16, 2019 09:00AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.