MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Workbench

MySQLDump Failing via Shell command, but working via Workbench...
Posted by: Tony Snorek
Date: February 13, 2019 10:51AM

Hello,

I am wondering if someone else out there has seen this issue and can potentially give me some help. I am working on trying to fix some automated mysqldump commands that my company runs for DR Purposes.. Here is some information and what I am seeing:

Problem:

When running the dump via shell, after a few minutes, I typically receive an Error 2013: Lost connection to MySQL server during query when dumping table 'notrealtable' at row: 894329 *I say typically because I have also had it where it just stops writing to the file and does not give me an error code, until I try to run a CTRL+C in PuTTy to stop the process and then it causes PuTTy to crash..*

The row number changes every time, as well as the line that it stops at in the actual file, it's also not a consistent size or anything like that.

I can run this dump via Workbench and it completes without any issues... In the shell I have tried using different users, I have tried adding a max packet size flag, I have tried adding the --quick flag

I see numerous recommendations about increasing the Net_read_timeout and net_write_timeout, but my boss will not let me make these changes because he insists that if it works via workbench, it should work via shell with the exact same settings...

I have also noticed by watching the "Client Connections" tab in Workbench, after executing the dump command on the CentOS EC2, that I can see the backup user make the call and I can watch what it is doing, but eventually that connection data goes away, the file is still increasing in size on the linux EC2 when this happens...

Info:

Database: Amazon RDS MySQL 5.7.19

Dump server: CentOS EC2 hosted on AWS

Workbench mysqldump Version: 5.7.19

Shell Command: mysqldump -h"amazondatabasendpoint" -unotrealuser -p'notrealpassword' --ssl-mode=REQUIRED --single-transaction --databases databasename --routines --triggers > /path/to/directory.sql

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
MySQLDump Failing via Shell command, but working via Workbench...
February 13, 2019 10:51AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.