MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Workbench

Forward Engineer or Synchronize
Posted by: Ken Gillett
Date: June 04, 2019 09:37AM

Having created my model, I now need to 'transfer' that to the actual MySQL Server. But even after reading both topics in the WB manual, I am unclear which of the above procedures I should follow. I understand the fundamental process, but not the distinction between these 2 in WB.

As far as I can determine, 'Forward Engineer' will create the database, tables and views etc, but it looks like 'Synchronize' will only sync objects within the specified database/schema that already exists.

I have actually already created the database, but which is still devoid of any tables etc and could of course be dropped if it makes anything any easier. So which should I use to effect the 'transfer'?

I'm trying to understand what the differences are between these 2 rather than just follow an instruction as to which I should use. So if someone can explain, that would be most helpful.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Forward Engineer or Synchronize
June 04, 2019 09:37AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.