MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Workbench

Generated column NOT NULL
Posted by: Ken Gillett
Date: June 16, 2019 10:05AM

Here we go again. Yet another WorkBench 'anomaly'.

I have created a NOT NULL generated virtual column. I've used upper case to indicate another of WB's memory lapses. When I 'Forward Engineer' and check the SQL code, that column is NOT specified as NOT NULL and since that is not the default, this column will be created as NULL. That is no good at all as the generated column is specifically to prevent the columns on which it is based from all being NULL. WB happily allows me to do this in the Model, but then simply forgets to put NOT NULL into the SQL code it creates to sync this to the server.

I find it hard to believe that I'm the only person who has ever wanted to generate a NOT NULL column. So are others finding the same problem (in which case it would appear to be another WB bug) or is there some setting I'm missing that tells WB to pull its finger out and create the correct SQL code to sync the server as per the Model?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Generated column NOT NULL
June 16, 2019 10:05AM
June 21, 2019 05:33AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.