MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Workbench

Results Grid extremely slow/Locks up the whole program
Posted by: Mike Harris
Date: November 28, 2019 01:22PM

Hey everyone! I've been using MySQL Workbench for a few months now and love it. Unfortunately, I've only just realized after working on the go on my laptop, and getting a job where I'm working on databases, that this behavior is not normal, and only affecting my computer.

On my laptop and work computer, when I fetch results or change tabs, the grid loads lightning fast (even using the same database as the problematic computer).

However, on my home computer (which has much higher RAM and a GPU) the results are extremely slow for the same databases on the other machines. For example, when I submit a "SELECT * FROM table" that has 400 results, each row loads one by one, column by column. Even though the fetch itself only took 0.003 seconds, it takes about 5-8 seconds for the results to come up.

Essentially, each field is loading individually one at a time, at a fraction of a second each. On a large result that takes up the whole result grid section, this can take several seconds. This same behavior happens when changing tabs (so, not even on a request). Therefore, it leads me to believe it is a client issue.

What I've tried:
- Updating to the newest version
- Reinstalling
- Putting it on my SSD (main drive)
- Ensured in preferences that the max result return is 100 (even tried 10).

Any advice is appreciated.

Specs:
4.1 (i7)
GTX 1060
Two SSds (512GB) with a 1TB hard drive (the main is an SSD)
Comcast Internet, hardwired.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Results Grid extremely slow/Locks up the whole program
November 28, 2019 01:22PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.