MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Workbench

WorkBench db_mssql_grt.py migrating problem
Posted by: carles damia' marco
Date: July 12, 2020 07:55AM

I'm trying migrate data from LibreOffice to MySql, but in the phase "Fetch schemas list" I find this problem:
A sintax sql error in SELECT CAST(SERVERPROPERTY('ProductVersion') AS VARCHAR)").fetchone()[0], statement build by the db_mssql_grt.py module,
in effect, I launch the query in MySQL Workbench and the answer is: Sintax error...
but I try to modify the module and the system don't take my modify...
I'm working for the migration but I stopped here, and I'm also working on Sunday to solve though ...

Starting...
Connect to source DBMS...
- Connecting to source...
Connecting to Mssql@database_lorenzo.odb...
Opening ODBC connection to DSN=database_lorenzo.odb;DATABASE=;UID=newuser;PWD=XXXX...
Connected to Mssql@database_lorenzo.odb,
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Workbench 8.0 CE\modules\db_mssql_grt.py", line 158, in connect
_connections[connection.__id__]["version"] = getServerVersion(connection)
File "C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Workbench 8.0 CE\modules\db_mssql_grt.py", line 184, in getServerVersion
ver_string = execute_query(connection, "SELECT CAST(SERVERPROPERTY('ProductVersion') AS VARCHAR)").fetchone()[0]
File "C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Workbench 8.0 CE\modules\db_mssql_grt.py", line 66, in execute_query
return get_connection(connection_object).cursor().execute(query, *args, **kwargs)
pyodbc.ProgrammingError: ('42000', "[42000] [MySQL][ODBC 8.0(a) Driver][mysqld-8.0.20]You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'VARCHAR)' at line 1 (1064) (SQLExecDirectW)")
File "C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Workbench 8.0 CE\modules\db_mssql_grt.py", line 184, in getServerVersion
ver_string = execute_query(connection, "SELECT CAST(SERVERPROPERTY('ProductVersion') AS VARCHAR)").fetchone()[0]
File "C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Workbench 8.0 CE\modules\db_mssql_grt.py", line 66, in execute_query
return get_connection(connection_object).cursor().execute(query, *args, **kwargs)
pyodbc.ProgrammingError: ('42000', "[42000] [MySQL][ODBC 8.0(a) Driver][mysqld-8.0.20]You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'VARCHAR)' at line 1 (1064) (SQLExecDirectW)")

File "C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Workbench 8.0 CE\workbench\wizard_progress_page_widget.py", line 71, in run
self.func()
File "C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Workbench 8.0 CE\modules\migration_source_selection.py", line 454, in task_connect
raise e
SystemError: ProgrammingError("('42000', "[42000] [MySQL][ODBC 8.0(a) Driver][mysqld-8.0.20]You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'VARCHAR)' at line 1 (1064) (SQLExecDirectW)")"): error calling Python module function DbMssqlRE.getServerVersion
ERROR: Error during Connect to source DBMS: ProgrammingError("('42000', "[42000] [MySQL][ODBC 8.0(a) Driver][mysqld-8.0.20]You have an error in your SQL syntax;
check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'VARCHAR)' at line 1 (1064) (SQLExecDirectW)")"): error calling Python module function DbMssqlRE.getServerVersion
ERROR: Exception in task 'Connect to source DBMS': SystemError('ProgrammingError("(\'42000\', "[42000] [MySQL][ODBC 8.0(a) Driver][mysqld-8.0.20]You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near \'VARCHAR)\' at line 1 (1064) (SQLExecDirectW)")"): error calling Python module function DbMssqlRE.getServerVersion',)

Failed

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
WorkBench db_mssql_grt.py migrating problem
July 12, 2020 07:55AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.