MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Workbench

Re: Integrating the schema with database
Posted by: Phillip Ward
Date: July 30, 2020 06:26AM

I was able to have the full model with MyISAM ... I converted to InnoDB because it doesn't seem to support the relations

Correct. MyISAM doesn't support foreign key relationships. InnoDB does.

I need it to integrate with my websites either by exporting a file which is less preferred, an automatic connection and a transmittal of selected information is my preference.

Would it not be better to have your websites query your database and pull the data that they require? That's the more "usual" way of working.

Other websites ... need to get my database information in order for them to properly conduct business and for me to meet our partnership initiatives.

I would expect that you would need to provide an API (probably based on REST) to expose your data to your business partners (and, possibly, to your own web sites as well). Of course you also have to find a way of properly securing that API so that only the right people can get hold of it.

Regards, Phill W.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Re: Integrating the schema with database
July 30, 2020 06:26AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.