MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Workbench

MySQL Workbench query results export
Posted by: Carey Cane
Date: November 25, 2021 09:10AM

Hi,

I use MySQL Workbench to generate reports for a business. The data in the some of their VARCHAR fields is pretty rough with lots of characters - think pasted from YouTube descriptions. This means that when I export to CSV using the native export function and then open up the file in Excel or Numbers, I need to do cleanup to deal with data skipping rows. What I want to do is constrain the free-text fields so they don't get split into multiple columns, causing me to have to shift cells left to clean them up.

I have spent a lot of time trying different functions (CONCAT, TRIM, CONVERT) to get a clean export that doesn't require me to do cleanup. I haven't come up with anything that works yet. There is probably a simple solution to this, but I haven't found it yet!

I am on a Mac. I do not have the ability to write to an OUTFILE due to my access privileges.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
MySQL Workbench query results export
November 25, 2021 09:10AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.