MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Workbench

SQL Server tto mySQL migration errors
Posted by: Mark S
Date: March 28, 2022 11:39AM

Pretty new to this so hopefully not something I should have found as a sticky or FAQ somewhere. Trying to convert a SQL Server 2016 db to mySQL 5.7.

Using the WB migration wizard and as I step through it I get 'No migration problems found' but there are '20 warning(s)'. If I look at the Migration messages they seem to be all 'Truncated key column length for column 'x' from 0 to 255.
So first question is how do I address that?

Then the migration runs and for the most part works but I do end up with some errors in the Message Log and I see 'Failed copying xxxx rows' and eventually the summary will be like '35 tables of 42 were fully copied'.

Related questions would be if I know which tables are failing what's my approach to this? Use the option to create a shell script and figure out what that .cmd file is doing to allow me to run individual steps to try and isolate the tables that are failing?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
SQL Server tto mySQL migration errors
March 28, 2022 11:39AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.