MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Workbench

Restoring a "deleted" table to an ERR diagram
Posted by: Richard Guinness
Date: June 15, 2022 04:26AM

Hi - new Workbench user here.

I'm exploring an SQL schema, and I've encountered an issue which is hindering progress.

1. I create a new ERR diagram and drag a couple of tables onto it to look at the relationships between them.

2. I then decide to delete a table from the diagram (as opposed to Remove Figure). The table is deleted from the diagram, but also from the list of tables in the Navigator.

3. I realise I meant to Remove Figure, so click Undo. The table is restored to the diagram, but not to the Navigator.

4. I close the ERR diagram and re-open it. The table remains on the diagram but is not listed in the Navigator side bar still.

I can't now see a way to re-add the table back to the Nav side bar. Is this by design?

The issue I've been having is that keyboard button delete does not Remove Figure, it Deletes the table. It would be handy to know how to reverse this action.

Thanks for any help

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Restoring a "deleted" table to an ERR diagram
June 15, 2022 04:26AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.