MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Workbench

Cannot Connect to Database Server: Type mismatch
Posted by: Michael Britt
Date: July 22, 2022 01:51PM

MySQL Workbench

Version 8.0.29
Build 1751076 CE (64 bits)

When i try to connect to my Local instance MySQL80 using root (127.0.0.1:3306 i get the following error:

====================================
Cannot Connect to Database Server

Your connection attempt failed for user 'root' to the
MySQL server at 127.0.0.1:3306

Type mismatch: expected type string, but got int
=====================================

Things to know:

1.) If i edit the connection and click 'Test Connection' everything works fine. I get the 'Successsfullyk made the MySQL connection. But it won't let me log in and displays the error message above.

2.) I can connect with no issues LOCALLY running dbForge Studio.

3.) I can connect with no issues on a second PC using either MySQL Workbench or dbForge Studio.

4.) This has been working for over 6 months with no issues. But today it stopped connecting.

My guess is due to the 'Type mismatch' error that there is a configuration file with an inappropriate value that is causing the LOCAL workbench connect to fail.

Absent, uninstalling and reinstalling Workbench on this machine (shotgun approach) i'd like to know the cause of the 'Type mismach' error and where to go look for and correct the issue.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Cannot Connect to Database Server: Type mismatch
July 22, 2022 01:51PM
November 07, 2023 07:54AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.