MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Data Recovery

Is it possible to get back to older state with binlog but no backups?
Posted by: Benjamin Weser
Date: December 28, 2007 05:02AM

Hello everybody,

to keep it short:
Today I imported a new backup file of our production system into my local development system. The problem was that there were already lots of new feature in the development system which I've overwritten with the production data.

I had turn on the binlog. But the problem is, my last backup from development was on Nov, 11th, the first binlog started at about Nov, 19th because I have updated my MySQL-Server on that day (and probably started logging on that day which I haven't done before).

All my changes on the system take part between Nov, 11th and 19th. So I have no backup containing them.

So is there a possibility to use the binlog for a kind of rollback of the changes I made today?

Thanks for the answer in advance.

Edit: I thought about it once more... and since I don't think that there are any backups made by MySQL except the once I did myself, this wouldn't work... :( Seems I have to do develop again what I've overwritten in 5 sec today... :(

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/28/2007 05:36AM by Benjamin Weser.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Is it possible to get back to older state with binlog but no backups?
December 28, 2007 05:02AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.