MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Data Recovery

After recovery: InnoDB: Error: log sequence number is in the future
Posted by: Bret Ehlert
Date: June 25, 2008 07:54AM

Hi,

My VPS was rebooted due to some disk maintenance after which mysqld started crashing, the mysqld.log file suggesting that there was some data corruption. I ran CHECK TABLE to find that 2 of my 19 tables were corrupted, for the rest the status was OK. For the two corrupted tables I successfully dumped the data using SELECT * INTO OUTFILE, droped the tables, recreated them, and reloaded the data using LOAD DATA INFILE.

My database is now up running fine again, mysqld is not crashing and all queries are executing correctly. However, my mysqld.log file is being filled with errors like this:

080625 15:42:02 InnoDB: Error: page 197448 log sequence number 3 4200615674
InnoDB: is in the future! Current system log sequence number 0 702528400.
InnoDB: Your database may be corrupt or you may have copied the InnoDB
InnoDB: tablespace but not the InnoDB log files. See
InnoDB: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/forcing-recovery.html
InnoDB: for more information.

I deleted my ib_logfiles thinking there might be something wrong in there. This did not help.

Although the server seems to working fine, these errors "log sequence number X XXXXXXX is in the future" are quickly filling up my disk.

How can I resolve these errors?

I am running mysql Ver 14.12 Distrib 5.0.45, for redhat-linux-gnu (i386) using readline 5.0. All my tables are innodb.

Thanks,
Bret

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
After recovery: InnoDB: Error: log sequence number is in the future
June 25, 2008 07:54AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.