MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Data Recovery

Recover tables from data files
Posted by: Joshua Beall
Date: September 22, 2010 03:52PM

Hi All,

I've got a database (all MyISAM tables) and the machine where MySQL was running is no longer bootable. However, we have all the MySQL data files from the data directory. How can I restore the data from the MYD and FRM files, or whatever other files I should be looking at in the data directory?

I've been doing some searching on this and it sounds like for MyISAM I should just be able to copy database subdirectory from the old MySQL data directory to the new MySQL data directory. However, that's not working for me. A database with the name f the database I'm trying to recover shows up in the list of databases in phpMyAdmin, but there are no tables in the database. Ironically, if I run SHOW TABLES, it shows me all the tables--however, any operation on those tables (e.g., SELECT * FROM {table}" returns a "no such table" error.

One of the tools I ran across in my search is DBACentral by MicroOLAP. It's got component that's supposed to restore data from FRM/MYD files, but when I tried to run it, it didn't list any tables that it could recover from my FRM/MYD files.

Any insights would be greatly appreciated... thanks!

-Josh

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Recover tables from data files
September 22, 2010 03:52PM
September 23, 2010 03:34AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.