MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Data Recovery

post recovery error - table does not exist
Posted by: Dave Phillips
Date: August 06, 2011 09:13PM

Hi all,

I have spent hours on this and am at my wits end. Thankfully, due to many posts I have gotten as far as I am. Here's the story:

My windows installation got corrupted and I had to install a fresh copy. As a result, I was not able to dump my tables and data from my original mySql (5.5) installation. However, my drive was NOT corrupted, so I did have access to the original database files from the mySQL data directory.

I have gone through the recovery process and gotten as far as being able to start my new MySQL installation and I can actually SEE all of my DB schemas from my original installation. I had copied these over manually following instructions on many of the links provided on this and other sites.

So here's what happens: If I try to SELECT anything from these schemas, I get an error saying "Table 'whatever' does not exist'. However, I can obviously see that it odes exist. I can change to the schema either through the workbench or by using 'use schema_name' from the command prompt. However, after doing that I still cannot select anything from the tables.

I have tried updated the password in the mysql.user table but that didn't help. The passwords for root user for both installations were the same.

If someone can point me in the next direction, I would appreciate it. FYI, it is a Windows installation.

Thank you!

Dave

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
post recovery error - table does not exist
August 06, 2011 09:13PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.