MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Data Recovery

Hoping to be able to get my data back from 5.0.51b...
Posted by: Zack Macomber
Date: August 13, 2011 03:51PM

I was trying to fix an issue with my CPU fan on my old PC and messed up the motherboard in the process which forced me to get a new PC.

My old PC had Windows XP Professional on it (32bit).

The new PC I have purchased can run in either 32 or 64 bit mode and is installed with Windows 7 Professional.

I was able to connect the old sata drive I had on my old PC into my new PC with a hard drive docking station.

On my old PC, I installed WAMP on it, which installed mysql5.0.51b under c:\wamp\bin\mysql

I've been trying to recover the data from the old PC but keep getting various errors.

For instance, when I run the startup command ("mysqld-nt --console"), I get the following messages:

InnoDB: Error: log file .\ib_logfile0 is of different size 0 10485760 bytes
InnoDB: than specified in the .cnf file 0 5242880 bytes!
110813 11:25:46 [Note] mysqld-nt: ready for connections.
Version: '5.0.51b-community-nt' socket: '' port: 3306 MySQL Community Edition
(GPL)

When I connect into my "mysql" database on localhost and try to "select count(*)" from one of my tables, I get this:

mysql> select count(*) from transactions;
ERROR 1033 (HY000): Incorrect information in file: '.\mysql\transactions.frm'

At this point, all I want to do is export the data from a couple of tables in the old "mysql" database I had and then set up the newest WAMP and import the data via SQL.

Any help will be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks,
Zack.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Hoping to be able to get my data back from 5.0.51b...
August 13, 2011 03:51PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.