MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Data Recovery

Recovery after EasyPHP upgrade
Posted by: Leon Feder
Date: January 23, 2014 11:21PM

I must fess up. I'm somewhat of a newbie, having just started to use MySQL and doing it through EasyPHP on my Win8 system. I was getting nagged to upgrade EasyPHP and followed their instructions before dumping or backing up my database tables. Part of the upgrade said to uninstall and delete the EasyPHP folder which (duh) contained my databases. It must've been the flu that was coming on because I followed the instructions (at least I'll try and convince y'all that's why I fubar'ed my work. Having realized my idiocy, I took my old folder out of the recycle bin (thankfully I didn't wipe that out yet). After some playing around, moving the .idb and .frm files from the old, now-undeleted folder and copied them to the equivalent folder in the upgraded path.

Now when I run EasyPHP, I see the databases and tables under them but when I try to open them it says "#1146 - Table 'xxxxxxx.config' doesn't exist" (where xxxxxxx is any of the tables I pick). I saw a thread here called "How to restore dates from ibdata1 and old dump" and tried following those options, first backing up the newer versions of the ib* files - not that they really matter to me. Anyhow, it didn't work.

As I said, I'm a newbie. Any help offered would be appreciated. By the by, the versions I have are:

old: mysql Ver 14.14 Distrib 5.6.11, for Win32 (x86)
new: mysql Ver 14.14 Distrib 5.6.15, for Win32 (x86)

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Recovery after EasyPHP upgrade
January 23, 2014 11:21PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.