MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Data Recovery

Overridden ib* files
Posted by: Guru Prasad
Date: July 21, 2014 03:11AM

I had two different MySQL installations, one on Ubuntu and another on Windows 7. I wanted to migrate the database on Windows 7 (source) onto Ubuntu (destination). Both these installations have separate databases.

Some Googling informed me that I have to copy the entire "datadir" contents to the other installation. This is where I committed the first mistake. I did not back up my Ubuntu datadir. My second mistake was copying the entire datadir from source to destination MySQL including the "mysql" folder and files ibdata1, ib_logfile0 and ib_logfile1.

With this my MySQL on Ubuntu crashed. I was unable to start the MySQL service on my Ubuntu machine. I deleted the ib* files to get MySQL started. After MySQL started, I tried the "show databases" command. Then it listed all the databases from both the source and destination MySQL's. I am able to also list all the tables in the databases too. However, when I try executing a "select" query, I get the following error:-

ERROR 1146 (42S02): Table 'itcc.testcase' doesn't exist

When I inspect the folders of my datadir, I see only the .frm files.

Can someone let me know how I can recover my DB and get it up and running?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Overridden ib* files
July 21, 2014 03:11AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.