MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Data Recovery

Recover a MySQL database from files after upgrading to new version of XAMPP
Posted by: Thodoris Marinopoulos
Date: October 12, 2018 08:26AM

Hello! I have a problem with a MySQL database that I haven’t been able to solve no matter how much I tried, either with internet guides or with free tools. I really don’t want to pay hundreds of dollars to a company so please, if anyone knows of a solution, help me because I’m desperate.

I was running XAMPP 7.1.22 where I had said database and I decided to install XAMPP 7.2.10 without backing up the database. After that, the site wasn’t working so I figured the problem was the database. And indeed PHPMyAdmin wouldn’t recognize it. I reinstalled the previous version of XAMPP and the database was there but unfortunately I could only see the tables. The tables themselves were empty though. So no dump procedure worked and neither the site. Now all I have left is the folder with the database which contains all the .frm and the .ibd files, an .opt file, a .myd file and a .myi file. I also have the ibdata1 file.

Any ideas or suggestions? Thank you very much for your time.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Recover a MySQL database from files after upgrading to new version of XAMPP
October 12, 2018 08:26AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.