MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Data Recovery

Recover DB/tables from .ibd file?
Posted by: zer uda
Date: February 21, 2019 10:08AM

Originally, I had installed MySQL server and client on my Lubuntu 17.10 machine and used it to work with one single DB.

When I went to install Windows on another partition on the same disk, I accidentally deleted/overwrote my Lubuntu partition (I did not install Windows on it though). I haven't touched the partition since then.

Using Testdisk and fsck, I was able to recover the partition and my datadir directory /var/lib/mysql . However, in my DB's folder there's only two .ibd files (one for each of my two tables), no .frm files.

To recover my DB, I installed the same OS and MySQL (via apt-get install mysql-server, same for mysql-client) on another disk and then overwrote the newly created /var/lib/mysql directory with my old one. However, this did not work, as running "SHOW DATABASES" did not show my old DB.

How do I recover my DB or at least my two tables only from the .ibd files and my datadir directory?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Recover DB/tables from .ibd file?
February 21, 2019 10:08AM
March 01, 2019 12:20PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.