MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Data Recovery

Is it possible to repair this?
Posted by: Wim Roffel
Date: February 17, 2022 02:55AM

My Mysql installation crashed with the error "Aria recovery failed. Please run aria_chk -r" (this is MariaDb). There is only one database with the aria format (Mysql) so I did what was asked. Unfortunately it looks like aria_chk truncates all tables. So all the meta information of my installation is gone and I can't even login to this installation anymore as my username/password is no longer recognized.

I made a backup before running aria_chk. But the backup before the crash is long enough ago that would like to recover my data. These are nearly all InnoDb tables.

I had thought that having all the ib*, *.frm and *.ibd files I had all relevant information and there would be some tool available to rebuild the meta database. But I can't find anything on the internet. The only thing I found are things like mysqlfrm that recover in a complicated way a small amount of information. Not useful for recovering hundreds of tables.

So my question is whether there are options to recover this installation.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Is it possible to repair this?
February 17, 2022 02:55AM
February 17, 2022 01:22PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.