MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Data Recovery

Shameful backup practices lead to this question
Posted by: A M
Date: February 14, 2008 09:34PM

Due to a very poor backup / planning process and an unfortunate file overwrite that I'm responsible for, I'm left with every part of the InnoDB tables I need to restore _except_ the ibdata0 file. I have all of the table definitions stored as .frm files as well as the ib_logfile0 and ib_logfile1 transaction log files.

Is there any way at all that I can recreate the ibdata0 file in even a semi-usable form using the transaction logs? I see plenty of good data in text form in those log files using a hex editor, but I have no idea how I can transfer that data into something usable so that I can get it into a database.

Does anyone have any ideas or any general direction I can look in? I've been looking for info for quite some time, and I've come up with absolutely nothing. I'm willing to do a lot of work to get this data, so if anyone has even the slightest idea, I'd really love to hear it. Thanks.

Shamefully,
Anon

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Shameful backup practices lead to this question
A M
February 14, 2008 09:34PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.