MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Data Recovery

Need to restore data from dump on diff machine without access to original
Posted by: Oleg Gabrielov
Date: June 06, 2008 02:10PM

Hello everyone,

I am completely new to MySQL, so all your help is really appreciated.

We have our Internet service provider host our app which uses MySQL for data. We have a situation where we need to take our data in-house to evaluate a new version of our app.

Our ISP used mysqldump to dump our database into a .sql file and sent it to us. They refused to give us anything more, like the actual data files, etc.

I tried using mysqlimport to restore all that data to our in-house MySQL, but get nothing but errors.

Please note, our local MySQL instance doesn't have the database our ISP has or any tables associated with it. My assumption was that mysqlimport will be able to recreate the database itself and all the tables associated with it. However, it seems to be complaining that neither the database nor the tables currently exist and refuses to do anything.

Can someone please tell me what I need to do to restore mydata considering that I have no access to anything our ISP has besides this .sql dump file.

Thank you so very much in advance.

Oleg.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Need to restore data from dump on diff machine without access to original
June 06, 2008 02:10PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.