MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Data Recovery

Re: append data to existing database
Posted by: Kevin Hall
Date: February 23, 2010 11:24AM

I found if I use the paramater –no-create-info
mysqldump -u username -ppassword –no-create-info database_name > dump.sql
It should create just insert staments and not the dabase/table creates. This allows you to just load the data. But I have not tested this yet to know what happens with duplicates, tables are not indexed, or if there is an option on mysql load to skip errors if it has a dupliacte. Or if this will overwrite on the load or just instert I will try some testing with it on my virtual box later.

As far as the old version yeah I know. Problem is my company does not own this software and cannot upgrade it since the servers are technically not ours we just help maintain them so it will be up to the owners to migrate to a new version.

But dumping to cvs files is available in 4.1 so worst senerio I may be able to read the cvs file in a bash script loop though with the insert statements... Not my idea of fun.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
February 23, 2010 11:02AM
February 23, 2010 11:11AM
Re: append data to existing database
February 23, 2010 11:24AM
February 26, 2010 10:59AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.