Date: July 25, 2011 02:26AM

Hello to all,

So I'll explain my problem :

I backed up a database using the following script :

[root@nothing backup]# cat backup_db.sh
#!/bin/sh

TIMESTAMP=`date +%Y%m%d%H%M`

echo "### Dumping database - mysql ###"
mysqldump -u root -p mysql --single-transaction | gzip > mysql_database-$TIMESTAMP.sql.gz
echo "### Dumping database - f360db ###"
mysqldump -u root -p db --single-transaction | gzip > db_database-$TIMESTAMP.sql.gz

And then tried to restore it after a migration failure of the database due to lack of disk space :

[root@nothing backup]# gunzip < db_database-201106291110.sql.gz | mysql -u root -p db
Enter password:
ERROR at line 1853: Unknown command '\''.

I used the following command to get the line 1853 :

awk '{ if (NR==1853) print $0 }' db_database-201106291110.sql >> getit.txt

Here is the begining of this line :

INSERT INTO `datablob` VALUES (1978,'PK\0\0\0F‹~=\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\n\0\0\0audit.fvdlì½[

So my main problem is that I didn't used the --hex-blob option to hex all the binary data of blobs and ... well I deleted the main database so I can't do the backup again in the right way. I only discovered afterwards that I would need this kind of option.

I tried to hex all the binary data back but it's not really binary as the \0 is on 2 bytes and not as it should be on one byte.

Is there a possibility to transform back the data to real binary data and then to hex it ?

I hope I was precise enough, should you require more information I will provide it.

Thanks for the help if there is any !

Regards,

Peter

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/25/2011 02:53AM by Peter Peter.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Recover data blob binary data
July 25, 2011 02:26AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.