MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Data Recovery

fixing multiple crashed db
Posted by: Joe Murray
Date: March 31, 2014 08:18PM

A team I am working with have a Drupal & CiviCRM system on an underpowered VPS. The CiviCRM database probably has 1 - 2M all told, with a bunch of views. CiviCRM creates temporary tables for performance improvements on searches.

There had been two MySQL crashes that left MySQL down that were not analyzed (none of us are DBAs, we're all developers and project managers). Restarting MySQL seemed to make everything work again. Checking the logs in the wake of a MySQL connection error, however, I notice that mysqld_safe has been restarting mysqld this past week 1, 1, 2, 8, 21, 14, 18 times per day, though the mysql log doesn't really indicate what is causing the crash. I am guessing there are some data integrity issues that are causing the crashes at this point and am interested in the best approach to try to analyze and repair the two dbs. Is mysqlcheck the best tool? Any other advice / links to what we should be doing?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
fixing multiple crashed db
March 31, 2014 08:18PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.