MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Data Recovery

Extracting useful
Posted by: nit Kaz
Date: March 07, 2016 01:05PM

I apologize in advance if I've put this in the wrong subforum.

I've received a dump of SQL files (somewhere near 900) from a company that I no longer do business with.
They provided me a data dump from their MySQL backend and now I'm going about trying to pull some readable/usable data from them.

I have passing familiarity with Oracle SQL (I've done some very basic design and creation of databases) but have not had to do anything with tables/DBs not initiated by me.

I have access to Windows, Mac OS X, or could create a Linux VM without issue. So let me know if any of that is needed.
I'm currently trying to get the SQL files loaded into a MySQL database I created using a Lubuntu VM. I installed MySQL Server from the command line.

A few of the tables will load but the majority cause MySQL Command line to hang and crash.

I've tried a few scripts in the command line but nothing has worked.
I was wondering if there would be anyone who could provide me some guidance as my searches throughout the internet have not brought back anything useful. I feel there is a strong possibility I've overlooked something simple, or the company in question has made it purposely difficult for me to get any data.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Extracting useful
March 07, 2016 01:05PM
March 07, 2016 03:17PM
May 08, 2016 04:44AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.