MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Data Recovery

mysql.proc does not exist on database restore
Posted by: Kim Foder
Date: February 15, 2017 06:20AM

A couple of months ago I upgraded my Lubuntu from 12.10 to 16.10, seemingly without any problems.

A short while later mysqld crashed while I was trying to create a new database, and wouldn't restart.

After some testing I found that I had to add innodb_force_recovery=2 to the mysql.cnf file to get it up and running.

Mysqlcheck cannot find any errors, so I have dumped all databases to a backup file, and the result looks correct.

Some experimentation has shown the problem probably is located in the file ibdata1, removing this allows mysqld to start and run normally, but a lot of tables naturally doesn't exist.

I understand there are no way to repair the innodb databases, so I have emptied the mysql data directory (I do have a backup), making mysqld rebuild the system databases. But when I try to restore my dump file it creates most of my databases then stops with the error "mysql.proc does not exist".

I'm stuck here, and have been unable to find any clue on how to solve this problem on the net.

Does anyone have an idea how to solve this problem?

Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
mysql.proc does not exist on database restore
February 15, 2017 06:20AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.