MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Data Recovery

Attempting to restore db from crashed HD
Posted by: David Hanna
Date: December 23, 2017 11:14AM

I had a word press database in MySQL 5.5 stored on a Windows server 2008. The disk crashed, and I don't have a dump of the database.

What I do have is a CrashPlan backup of the whole disk.

I have restored the MySQL Server 5.5/data directory from CrashPlan to a temp directory on my new Windows Server 2016 machine (with MySQL 5.7). I have copied the individual database directory (lets call it wp_db) to the MySQL Server 5.7/data directory, but I'm having trouble hooking it up.

What I have found is that wp_db shows up in the list from SHOW DATABASES. I can USE wp_db and I can then SHOW TABLES.

However, except for one table (wp_posts), trying to access any of the tables results in an error saying the table doesn't exist. CHECK TABLE shows the same error.

I have created a user with the same name and password as was used to access the wp_db on the original machine, and granted that user allprivileges on wp_db.*. Even when running MySql under that user name, I still get the same results.

I don't know what else to try.

Can someone give me suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Attempting to restore db from crashed HD
December 23, 2017 11:14AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.