MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Data Recovery

Newbie advice on restoring and upgrading databases
Posted by: David Blomstrom
Date: July 31, 2020 11:52PM

I was using MAMP on a MacBook Pro when something happened and everything crashed. I never was able to fix it and have been without my databases for a few years.

However, I recently got a new MacBook Pro and reinstalled MAMP. But I'm having trouble restoring my databases.

In my old installation, my database files are in two folders named mysql and mysql56. On my current installation, the default folder is named mysql57.

I tried importing some files with phpMyAdmin without success; lots of error messages. Plus, it looks like I can just import one file at a time, when I have hundreds of files.

So here's my question: What's the best way to move my mysql56 files into a mysql57 file, at the same time fixing/upgrading them so they actually work? I know the location of the old and new directories both, so I can easily copy them by one folder or multiple folders at a time.

A related question: It looks like the actual data is stored on files with the extension MYD. Is there a way to convert an individual MYD file to a CSV file? Better yet, is there a way to batch convert them?

That would be a great workaround if I'm unable to restore my databases.

Thanks for any tips.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Newbie advice on restoring and upgrading databases
July 31, 2020 11:52PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.