MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Data Recovery

Restoring database from .IDB files
Posted by: It Manager
Date: January 05, 2022 09:01AM

I have a REDCap database (REDCap being an open-source public health database platform developed at Vanderbilt University, which relies on MySQL for storing data) running on Windows Server 2012 R2. The server recently crashed, which required a fresh install of the operating system, and a new installation of REDCap.

I have backup copies of the MySQL data store from the old server (C:\ProgramData\MySQL\MySQL Server 8.0\Data\redcap), and am wondering what the procedure is for incorporating the .IDB files from that folder into the same folder on the new server, which currently only contains some sample tables that come installed by default on a new REDCap instance.

How exactly do I go about getting the .IDB files from the old MySQL database into the new one? Is it as simple as copying the files from the old C:\ProgramData\MySQL\MySQL Server 8.0\Data\redcap folder to the new one? Or do I need to perform the operation in MySQL Workbench or some other utility?

Thank you very much for your advice.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Restoring database from .IDB files
January 05, 2022 09:01AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.