MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Connector/C++

Xubuntu / NetBeans / MySQL connector C++ -> not seeing connector library
Posted by: Bruce Witzenburg
Date: July 15, 2009 01:22AM

Hey everyone, I'm trying to get a C++ backend for a game up and going and one of the first steps is that it plays well with MySQL. This issue could be a NetBeans settings issue, a Xubuntu compatability issue or a MySQL error.

I have an Xubuntu 9.04 install that I put both the MySQL client and server on top of (yes I also put gcc on it too because for some reason it doesn't come default.) Both should be running correctly. I also grabbed the 1.0.5 linux glibc2.3 x86 binary from the MySQL connector website and copied libraries to /usr/local/lib and the include files to /usr/local/include

I installed NetBeans as the dev environment and attempted to set up a project making use of the libmysqlcppconn.so library by including it in the linker and I also made sure to include the header files in the /usr/local/include directory.

As far as I know that's the proper way to set everything up, but when I compile any program that makes use of any of the C++ connector functions I get a error that says undefined reference to function_name();

The binary may not be compatible with Xubuntu, but before I go through the hastle of grabbing Cmake and building from source, could there be any settings I'm overlooking or should check? Has anyone tried the generic linux x86 32bit binary on Xubuntu with any luck?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Xubuntu / NetBeans / MySQL connector C++ -> not seeing connector library
July 15, 2009 01:22AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.