> source on linux. You should be OK just following
> the instructions in README.unix, namely:
>
> $ cd
> $ ./configure
> $ make
> $ su
> # make install

Thanks a lot for the reply. You are spot on. I was also reading the same readme file that you have mentioned and came across the same instructions but got a bit confused and left it as it was. The irony now is that I can't find a basic piece of C++ code on the net that can allow me to check whether it is able to establish a connection to MySQL, altough I must mention here that there were some C samples code, like the one here:

http://www.devarticles.com/c/a/Cplusplus/Building-a-Store-Application-With-MySQL-and-C/2/

but unfamiliarity with the C language does not make it any easier for me to try them out on my own. As far as I know there is a similar type of testing code written in PHP that one can use to make sure whether the PHP code and MySQL connect to each other or not.

I just came across something like the one given below, which luckily uses C++.

http://www.experts-exchange.com/Programming/Languages/CPP/Q_21977586.html?qid=21977586

But again the problem is it uses an already established database in MySQL rather than not using any to start with.Hope you are getting my problem. Sorry for the long reply, but I am a self starter in the Linux realm and small things do get me stuck. Please get me out of this trouble. Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Re: Problems installing MySQL++ wrapper for C++ language
February 23, 2007 08:53AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.